Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pea pod

Hi Lovelies! Half way through the week - WAHOOO WEDNESDAY!! Tehehe. I am a smidge bit excited. Tonight - weather permitting - I am taking pea out to the ball game. I am hoping this helps work fly by.

Todays outfit - guess what!?! My dress that I ordered last Tuesday from ModCloth arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. I had to give it a twirl and test it out. I must say - I am in love!! I wanted to try something fun with my hair for this look so I used Kate from Scathingly Billiant's (love her blog!) simple bouffant updo tutorial. I still need to work on perfecting it. I had to use a butterfly clip (yes the one with glitter and wings) from the 5th grade to help hold it up. I need to invest in some more bobby pins, haha.

Jade with Love Dress, ModCloth Jade with Love Dress, ModCloth Jade with Love Dress, ModCloth

My first official ModCloth purchase (other than stylish surprises) and I am hooked. I love the cute collar, lace, and mint green color. All of my favorite things in one dress!!! Also - the dress is great for twirling :]

Jade with Love Dress, ModCloth

Outfit Details: Dress - Jade with Love Dress, ModCloth | Cameo - thrifted | Belt - Dorothy Perkins | Purse - Urban Outfitters| Wedges - Payless | Pea-pod - my mom's friend from work.

Like the SweetPea-pod? My moms friend from work sewed it for us. It is from a baby carrier pattern and works so well for pea. Haha. She will let us do anything. I put her in it and she is happy as a clam :]

Have a good day everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you entered the Positivum USA floral crown giveaway yet?!?!
If not click HERE to enter. You have until the 24th. Good Luck!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 comments:

  1. Awww, pea is so freaking adorable! And you look amazing in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress, the color really suits you! Modcloth is just not even fair, I spend so many hours browsing the site and bookmarking dresses and stuff I want but I've yet to buy anything from them. I would squeal like there was no tomorrow receiving a modcloth package. I love your updo and that picture of you and your doggie is all sorts of adorables.


    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! She definitely looks so happy to be swaddled in that thing! How adorable. :))

    Allison, you look ridic' in this dress...like, ridiculously charming and beautiful! I lovelovelove it! And I can't even imagine it on anyone else now. I also noticed your little cameo brooch (or is it a necklace?)! I'd love to see a closeup of it. It goes so well with the dress either way.

    I hope you and Pea get to make it to the ballgame and I hope she wins that cute contest.
    P.s. I remember butterfly clips and started to giggle when I read that line. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, this dress is AMAZING! :) You look so good and I love the way your hair is as well. BTW, you WON the $200 DITTO GIVEAWAY :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I forgot to say that I STILL have those silly floppy butterfly clips with all the glitter. My love of glitter has never faltered in all my life so I keep them around ;)

      Delete
  5. I love this dress, outfit, hair, everything so much I could squeal!
    If it helps, I have a whole pot of butterfly clips in a drawer at home. =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just too much cuteness going on here. That dress is amazing. And the dog pod...I mean, I don't think it gets any cuter than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU LOOK AMAZING! I love the whole outfit. Your little guy looks mega cute in his holder as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. utterly fabulous. Hair looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the harido and SweetPea's pod just takes the cake! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable! Definitely a solid purchase, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gorgeous!! This dress is just perfect. Gotta love modcloth. They have the best dresses. I also saw Kate's tutorial. It works so well on you! And sweetpea looks SO adorable in that carrier, I can't believe she lets you do that!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress! Modcloth is one of my favorite stores to get vintage inspired dresses. You look amazing and Pea is so very cute!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, I love the pea pod carrier! How adorable!! Also, I adore your hair! Jumping over to check out that tutorial now! It looks like you made a great first purchase from Modcloth! There will be many more to come I'm sure! This dress is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh my goodness...you.in.that.dress. It's pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I do love Modcloth dresses! They are a bit out of my price range. Like a long way out. But I can pine. It's a beautiful colour on you. Also I have loads of my old hair things from when I was a kid -including little bobbles with bears on. I am such a hoarer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look stunning! i love this whole look on you, hair, dress, everything! i hope the game was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW you are adorable!!! I absolutely love your vintage&darling style. that dress fits you like a glove and it takes you right back to 1965! :) you have gorgeous hair too


    fashion giveaway over at The House of Shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This outfit is perfection.
    I love all the little details and colour.

    You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you look so adorable! Straight out of the 50's or 60's. That is such a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this outfit!!
    xo sandra
    http://larasvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...